How to renovate and protect a wooden surface with an acrylic coating
The applications of acrylic coatings are multiple and its advantages are to repair and protect new or damaged surfaces. For the treatment of wooden terraces, TexNov offers you a durable and easy-to-apply solution.
Exterior wooden floors require regular maintenance. Excluding chemically treated wood, wood used outdoors is subject to various sources of degradation if it is not well protected.
Rot, exposure to the sun, pollution, dirt are all sources of degradation that affect its appearance and resistance, all without counting the months that the wood is completely covered by snow. !
Unfortunately, there is not yet a permanent, maintenance-free protection solution. Several options are available depending on our needs. Combinations of antifungal sealer and opaque paint, clear exterior stains, water repellents made from linseed oil are all options to consider.
But if you are looking for the most durable solution, developed for the conditions here, there is only one choice, acrylic coatings from the TexNov brand!
The solution offered by TexNov represents one of the most durable and easy-to-use solutions. After the application of an acrylic coating, your terrace will have recovered its aesthetics, a slippery texture, and will extend its life exponentially.
Thanks to its polymers, TexNov solutions provide a barrier to the elements, which prevents premature aging on any weather-exposed surface.
Know that :
- Projects involving TexNov acrylic coatings are very easy to do.
- A weekend investment (in hours) brings you lasting results for years.
- TexNov acrylic coatings improve aesthetics, in addition to protecting surfaces from damage caused by water and air.
- TexNov develops solutions here, for our local climate conditions.
Discover how to protect and renovate your wooden floor with the advice described below :
Apply a sealer to a treated wood surface.
|After preparing the surface, apply the finishing coat.
To note :
|To better protect the surface, you can apply a solution to seal the pores and thus protect against the wear of time.
After preparing the surface and applying the coating, follow these easy instructions :
To note :
Applying a sealer to a softwood surface.
Surfaces made from softwood have unique characteristics that allow for tailored solutions.
Applying an acrylic sealer will add to the life of your floor.
Please read the steps in this application :
- Sand the floor well to roughen the surface (with 40 grit sandpaper).
- Thoroughly rinse the surface with a 2000 lb pressure washer.
- Clean with TexNov Surface Preparer .
- Vigorously brush the surface and leave to act for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Rinse the surface thoroughly with a pressure washer.
- Let the surface dry for 48 hours of good weather before applying the sealer.
After doing the surface preparation, applying a sealer will protect the surface for years.
TexNov’s MET-30 Sealer prevents the elements from penetrating into the wood and thus slowing down its wear.
- Met-30 TexNov sealer must be applied to the entire surface of certain softwood substrates before installing the finishing coat.
(This indication applies for wood from yellow pine, cedar and others).
- Let the surface dry for 48 hours in good weather before applying the finishing coat.
Please follow the following procedure after surface preparation and sealant application.
- fill the screw heads with the TexNov acrylic filler (the screws must be anti-rust: zinc, ceramic).
- Application of 2 coats of TexNov acrylic filler . Please use a brush or roller with 10mm bristles and allow 24 hours between coats.
- Let the surface dry for 24 hours in good weather before applying the sealer.
TexNov acrylic filler will not hide all defects due to an unevenly installed substrate, the preparation steps are very important for optimal results.
After doing the surface preparation, please apply the sealer according to the following :
Apply 2 coats of Met-30 Sealer . Please use a brush or roller with 10mm bristles. Leave 24 hours between each layer.
Let the surface dry for 24 hours.
Any wood surface located less than 60° from the ground or poorly ventilated should ideally be sealed on all sides with Sealant Met-30 . This prevents premature deterioration of the wood due to the migration of moisture from the ground to the sky.
So consider TexNov for your next project.
TexNov is the guarantee for successful projects!
Now is the time to take action. Ask for TexNov products at your renovation centre!
Warning : This article was written with the intention of informing and entertaining. The company takes no responsibility for any work done without professional supervision. Your best ally is your general contractor.