1- Product description #
Texnov Multi-use Polymer is a two-component product made of 100% acrylic resin and specialized aggregates with inorganic pigments, marble grit, quartz sand, silica aggregates, additives and high-performance fungicides.
It is designed specifically for small cementitious repair projects, such as cracks repairs, but also for:
- Cover and retain the fibreglass mesh on a compatible surface.
- As a leveling layer.
- Light resurfacing and repair.
- To prepare the surface to receive the Texnov finishing coat,
- or as an adhesive (gluing tiles or stones on concrete).
2- Area covered #
At 1/8″ (0.32 cm) thickness – 6 kg covers ± 2.3 m2 (13.2 lb covers ± 25 ft2) 12 kg ± 4.6 m2 (26.5 lb ± 50 ft2)
3- Mixing #
TexNov Multi-use Polymer must be mixed according to the type of application required (see below). Mix the two components of TexNov Multi-use Polymer with a mixer. Let stand for 5 minutes (the product will set a little).
Stir again, add a little water if needed, 1% water maximum.
Application should be made within 30 minutes of mixing.
Type of application (by volume)
- Repair and resurfacing : 1 part of acrylic / 1 aggregate
- Adhesion promoter coating: 2 parts of acrylic / 1 aggregate
- Clean water can be added to the TexNov Multi-use Polymer mixture to facilitate its application.
- For concrete repair and resurfacing work, the surface and ambient air temperature must be at least 5°C and remain so for a minimum of 24 hours.
- The surfaces to be covered must not be painted or sealed.
- They must be clean, and dry and form an adequate structure.
- They must be free of grease, oil and other products that will prevent a good adhesion.
- Spread the TexNov Multi-use Polymer mixture evenly with a brush, roller, trowel or putty knife.
- It is possible to level the surface with a damp sponge when the surface is dry to the touch.
4- Application #
Apply product early in the morning or in the shade. Avoid rain and extreme temperatures during application and drying. To properly prepare concrete surfaces before applying TexNov Multi-use Polymer, use Texnov Concrete Conditioner and consult its technical data sheet.
- When the Multi-use Polymer is dry on the surface (3 to 4 hours) it is possible to sand it to correct the defects with sandpaper (grade 20/24), do not wait until the next day, it will be harder to sand.
- As long as the installation of the base coat, finish coat, flashings and sealants have not been completed, protect the wall from weather and other possible damage.
- The drying time of TexNov Multi-use Polymer coating depends on ambient air and temperature. Application instructions and performance characteristics are based on information we believe to be reliable. They are provided to the best of our knowledge, but without warranty, as the conditions and methods of use of our products are beyond our control.
5- Personal protection #
When using TexNov Multi-use Polymer it is recommended to wear the following safety equipment:
- Safety glasses or goggles
- Chemical resistant gloves
- Long sleeves and/or protective rubber clothing
6- Storage / Shelf life #
Store TexNov Multi-use Polymer at a temperature of 5°C or higher in a closed container. Keep in a dry and frost-free place. The life of the product is 1 year.
7- Transport conditions #
Regulatory Name: Not applicable. TDG Classification: Not regulated. Note: This product does not require any special measures for international transport.