Application of TexBright micro-concrete
- Trowel and mortar holder
- Brush to scrub the substrate (if masonry)
- Finishing brush (optional)
- Drill with paint mixer
- Empty 5 gallon bucket for mixing
- Foam roller or brush to apply the sealant
- TexNov surface preparation
- Primer/leveller for surfaces
- TexBright micro-concrete from TexNov
- For wet surfaces such as shower walls: TexPro FlexBase waterproofing membrane (ready-to-use product)
- Sealer : MET-HD (water repellent) or WRS-40 (dust inhibitor) depending on application and desired finish.
- Translucent Penetrant
The project in stages
To be successful, please follow these steps:
- Surface preparation
- Clean the surface with TexNov Surface Preparer if the surface is masonry or with a damp cloth for gypsum walls.
- Please dilute the Surface Preparer according to the application as indicated in the data sheet.
- Product Mixing
- Pour part B into the empty bucket.
- Please stir part B until the color is homogeneous.
- Gradually add Part A to the bucket.
- Mix the two parts with a drill equipped with a mixer. Make sure that all the mixture is uniform and without lumps.
- Let stand 5 minutes, then mix again.
- Apply the product with a trowel and a mortar holder.
- Applying two coats, the first one coarser, creates textures that mimic real concrete walls.
- Allow 24 hours drying time between coats.
- Sanding the surface with sandpaper or a sander for a smooth finish.
- Finish the surface with MET-HD for shower walls or MET-30 for other applications.
*This product consists of two containers, part A (powder) and part B (liquid).
The project in pictures
Visit the full article
Read the article in the tips section here https://texnov.com/microciment-beton/
Find out more on the website www.texnov.com