- Sanding paper
- Trowel or putty knife
- Metal paint mixer
- A drill (to use the blender)
- A 2000 lb pressure washer
The project in stages
The steps to clean and repair sills are easy, but essential; here they are:
- Surface cleaning with a specialized product, such as TexNov’s Surface Preparer
- This product comes in a concentrated format. Dilute one part product to three parts water.
- Pour the mixture into a clean spray bottle
- Spray on the surface.
- Leave for fifteen minutes
- Rinsing with a pressure washer (2000 lbs)
- Crack repair
- If cracks are apparent, please use a cementitious polymer, such as TexNov’s All Purpose Polymer.
- Sand the edges of the crack with sandpaper or a grinder equipped with a suitable abrasive disc.
- Clean the dust and rinse with water.
- After drying, fill the crack up to the edge with the polymer and let it dry according to the instructions.
- Sand the sill to obtain a smooth and level surface.
- Rinse thoroughly with a pressure washer
The project in pictures
Visit the full article
Discover the complete article that appeared on our “Advice Space” section, please follow this link to visit it https://texnov.com/entretien-alleges/
Please contact your dealer with any questions or the manufacturer at email@example.com or 1 877 316-6388
Discover other projects by following this link https://texnov.com/projets_texnov/